Nominating justices to fill vacancies on the U.S. Supreme Court is a president’s prerogative. It was Barack Obama’s prerogative to nominate Merrick Garland last year for the vacancy created by Antonin...
- Sunshine week celebrates access to public information, government actions
- Realistic cap to the number of homegrown pot plants is the right approach
- New city hall welcome, for staff and constituents
- Bill to enable licenses for immigrants makes good sense
- Power station closure carries impacts across region
- An adjustment to Gallagher is needed to maintain local services amid plummeting revenue
- Recreational pot
- Basing TABOR formula on state costs may be the best way forward
Letters to the editor
Recent news stories have credited President Trump with the Republican party’s failure to make good on its promises to repeal the affordable health care act.
The Republican leadership in the House of...
- ‘Poacher Protection Act’ a very bad idea
- ANWR again threatened by development
- Tipton’s stand on public lands suspect
- Revise methane rule for the right reasons
- AmeriCorps deserves thanks and support
- Cortez politicians neglect the homeless
- To a degree, the ‘administrative state’ is here to stay
- U.S. founded on democratic principles
- Valid concerns, but the wrong approach
As the Montezuma-Cortez School District...