Top news from around the region
A boating release on the Dolores River below McPhee dam will begin earlier than expected, water managers announced Monday.
A warm March has started the runoff early into McPhee Reservoir, which is nearly full.
Eli Tomac, of Cortez, Colorado, racked up his fourth straight win and his seventh win in the past nine races with a victory in the 450SX Supercross Saturday night at...
- Montezuma County seeks balance of federal and public lands
- Alpacka Rafts company moves to downtown Mancos
- Cortez fire recruits will start training next month
- Solar Barn Raising is a community effort in Montezuma County
- Great Outdoors Colorado awards Cortez grant for pickleball courts
An army of biologists and environmentalists is descending on the Lower Dolores River to study the ecological benefits of a rare high-volume release from McPhee...
- Dolores River Brewery to host The Go Rounds
- A tribute to John Porter
- Photo: New roof for Rio Grande hotel
- Dolores board gets a lesson on conflict of interest
- Concerts planned in Rico, Dolores
The Mancos Middle School Destination Imagination team is headed to state finals in Denver next month.
Teams of up to seven students solve a critical-thinking challenge...
- Willowtail Springs gives artists solitude, inspiration in Mancos
- Mancos heats up the town with annual Melt
- Mancos Days festival will honor service members
- Fabric artist Sizelove-Murphy joins Artisans of Mancos
- Mancos library March events
Fairground policy on alcohol, marijuanaThe Montezuma County commission adjusted its fairgrounds policy to address marijuana and...
State Nation and World
For The Journal
Southwest Colorado Community College will host a spring job fair on Tuesday, April 11, from 9 a.m. to noon at the SCCC West Campus, 33057 U.S. Highway...
- Cortez Middle School Honor Roll Quarter 3, 2016-2017
- Free concert at Cortez library on Friday
- Brendan Leonard visits Cortez library March 15
- Turn off the TV while your children are around
- Cortez Destination Imagination teams headed to state finals
Mia Stovall has worked with herding dogs since getting a start in 4-H at age 14, and this year she shared on some of her knowledge at the 2017 Four States Agricultural...
- Annual weed symposium held at Four States Ag Expo
- Hemp study for animal feed heads to Colorado governor
- Arizona geologist publishes book about Montezuma dryland farming
- CSU agents lead budget workshop for farmers in Cortez
- Photo: Learning to prune apple orchard
- Dan Olson focused on fundamentals to rebuild San Juan Citizens Alliance
- Homebuyers have ways to learn about a house’s sordid history
- 4CORE to offer Nissan Leaf rebate, install two charging stations
- Montezuma health care providers receive Nightingale, STAR awards
- Full-time physical therapist joins Southwest Memorial team
As the Montezuma-Cortez School District...